Wednesday, November 28, 2012

This just in: I have no willpower

As is probably evident by my last post, I intended to watch the nine available hours of Sherlock and blog on them.  I watched the first 90-ish minute episode and thought, "Let's stop here.  Let's write what I think, rightthissecond".  I wanted to explore the progression of sexy as seen in the show's lead, Benedict Cumberbatch.

Guess what!  I blew it!  Two days ago, my nerd and I watched the 7 1/2 remaining hours of Sherlock.  I barely stopped to eat.  To go to the bathroom.  We did find time to refill my wine glass.  This show is incredible!  

And, along the way, I realized that both Benedict Cumberbatch and Sherlock Holmes are sexy.  This speeded the realization:


I wanted to drag this one out, but oops!  I can't!  Thesis done.  QED.

2 comments:

  1. I've just finished the 2 series of Sherlock currently on Netflix and I'm pulling my hair out because I need MORE! Its absolutely fabulous. Now, I absolutely love Martin Freeman. I've loved him since Love Actually, and hitchhikers guide and I can't wait for the Hobbit to come out!! I think there is something charmingly sexy about him and especially as Watson being that this is such a different role for him (at least what I've seen of his work of course). However, I'm fairly new to Cumberbatch. I've seen his face before in british television but this is the first time I've really been introduced to him. At first I wasn't so sure about his Sherlock...but halfway through the very first episode I've found myself saying ,"Oh yeah...yep....he's good." Now I didn't think he was particularly sexy right off the bat....he's not ugly by no means. He has a weird face....but to pretty much quote Amy Pond, "... Then there's other people, when you meet them you think, "Not bad. They're okay." And then you get to know them and... and their face just sort of becomes them. Like their personality's written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful."

    I fell in love with his Holmes that he became so much more sexy to me!! My God he is delicious to me now. The same goes for Matt Smith...At first i didn't want to like him being such a huge David Tennant fan...I thought he had a big head/huge forehead (which he does lol) and he looked weird...alien-like which i suppose fits the bill for playing Doctor Who... but as I started to fall in love with him very early season 5 (I felt like I was cheating on David by the way...especially because it took me longer to warm up to Tennant after Eccleston than it did for me to warm up to Smith...) he became really cute....and then season 6....sexy....and even more sexy in season 7 which is why now I spend most of my free time youtubing bits and pieces of Matt Smith lol.

    ...but yes...Sherlock is an amazing show and Cumberbatch is yummy.

    I love being a Nerd!! Ha I'm proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, thank you for commenting! And for supporting my thesis! These dudes are sexy; yes, because they're British, and pretty, but also, because they're super smart and charming and just unavailable enough!

    ReplyDelete