Saturday, August 3, 2013

A new Who in Whoville!

It's like Christmas Eve up in Nerdtown tonight!  In case you missed it, BBC made an announcement...that they'll be announcing something!  No seriously, tomorrow, in a live special to air at 2 pm EST (it's 7 pm in England, but hey, I'm not there), they will be announcing the Twelfth Doctor  I've been on the Doctor Who bandwagon for some time now, but this is the first time I get to experience the excitement of the selection of a new actor.  I've never been aware of the changing of the guard in real time!

Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow.  And also, my nerd and I don't have cable.  So, I've decided that I'm going to watch the special at work.  While bartending.  This is a flawless plan, no?

I know people have their ideas about who should (and might) be the next Doctor.  I've seen some excellent cases for a female Doctor, which would be stimulating and challenging and all the things you want in a 50 year old television show.  I've seen cases for a ginger Doctor as well, but that could just be that we all miss Rupert Grint.

Basically, I have nothing new to say at this point, except to add that I'm totally jazzed to be a member of this world-wide fan base of crazy kids who are tuning into a live TV special about a casting announcement.  Geronimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment